Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cute cats and dogs - for friends, not food!

Living in a country where some people still eat cats and dogs (as well as horses, mice, rats, snakes, lizzards, and insects), it is nice to find some cats and dogs that are treated more as pets than as lunch! We are designing t-shirts with a cartoons of a cat and dog that reads "Cats and Dogs are Friends not Food!"  Because of the heat and humidity, most of the animals below are resting. . .in fact, most people here in Can Tho go home for lunch and take a cat nap every day after they eat.





When I first saw this kitten, I thought it was a rat!  I screamed! 
It is the resident kitten at Mango Hotel, where my friends live. 
It knows enough not to venture out into the street, where surely it would be killed. 
It even knows how to ride the elevator up and down!


My friend Minh, formerly a Fulbright student in Missoula,
with a friendly kitten, in Hanoi

My cute kitchen cat, with washable towel that can be unbuttoned and washed!

No comments:

Post a Comment