Thursday, November 22, 2012

Strange and alarming foods!

While most of the food I have found to be quite delicious (stay tuned for a blog posting on delicious food later), some foods here are strange and usually rather disgusting to my American palate.

Snake liquor - it would make me sicker! (Mom, close your eyes!)

No girl scout cookies here!  This guy came down my block with his cart and scale to sell durian,
which smells and tastes like rancid baby poo to me.  What would I give for a thin mint cookie!

Some people love octopus, but I am not one of them.
Foetal duck egg is a delicacy both here and in Laos.
Thit Cho - Dog Meat is eaten more frequently in the north.
Oh dear - thit meo (cat meat)
Rat meat - at least it is a good use for rats, which I don't really care for!

I actually am able to eat lotus stems, but I do find them rather exotic!


This restaurant is selling Tiger beer and dog meat.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment